The Writer in Black

The Writer in Black

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Feeding the Active Writer

Some time in the past I had a recipe for Chicken Molé that I loved.  But the commercial molé sauce that it used has a lot of sugar in it.  I have done some searching and have found a recipe which I adapted to my own requirements.

Ingredients
4 lb chicken (boneless, skinless)
1 tbsp xanthum gum
1 1/2 cups chopped onion2 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp sugar equivalent sweetener (I use store brand Sucralose--the name brand is Splenda)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp chipotle chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
3 4 oz cans diced green chilis

Place the chicken in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
Sprinkle with the xanthum gum.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Pour over the chicken.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Mix before serving.




The Chicken Molé as done above is just a bit spicy, about where I like it.  You can adjust the amounts of chili powder and cumin to suit your own preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment