The Writer in Black

The Writer in Black

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Feeding the Active Writer

I need to move these to the weekends.  With my daughter's swim team, doing them Monday evening just isn't working.

I have a major sweet tooth.  This is a problem when on a low carb diet so I'm always experimenting with recipes for sweets that are friendly to my diet.

I'm lucky in that I don't react poorly to sucralose (brand name Splenda, but I generally use store brands) and don't find any aftertaste objectionable.

Here's my latest:

8 oz cream cheese, softened.
1 cup coconut oil.
4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut.
2 cups sucralose artificial sweetener

Put 1-2 inches of water in a two quart saucepan.  Place a large metal mixing bowl over the top of it.  This makes a sort of double boiler but with more room than in the typical double boiler.

Put the cream cheese and coconut oil in the bowl and heat until the oil is melted and the cream cheese is very soft.

Add the coconut and sucralose and stir until combined.

While still warm, spread the coconut mixture in an 8X8 baking pan. Refrigurate until firm then cut into 64 pieces (an 8 by 8 grid). Continue to refrigerate until completely hardened they pry out of the pan.  Store refrigerated until ready to eat.  Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment