The Writer in Black

The Writer in Black

Monday, July 29, 2013

Revisiting old stories

Spent some time today retyping old stories. At the recommendation of another friend of mine (Sarah A. Hoyt, to be specific) I'm looking to release some of my previously published shorts as ebooks. I had originally had them in Microsoft Works (I know. I know. It's what came on the computer, Okay? I was too poor to buy anything else.) whichever version was out around '92 or so. Unfortunately, that was half a dozen computers ago and my old backup files have long since been corrupted. I don't have a scanner here at home, and we don't have OCR for the scanner at work. So getting it into an editable format means retyping or spending money I can't particularly spend at the moment--it's funny how my expenses have gone up right along with my income.  Part of that, of course, is that a married, middle-aged man with children is not generally willing to live like an unmarried college student.

So, retyped "Match Point" a short of about 7000 words that was originally published in the February 1993 issue of Analog Science Fiction & Fact.

So now I need to come up with some cover art, get it properly formatted for publication and it can go up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment