Still, sometimes that's not enough and one feels the need to do something more.
Isaac Asimov had a method of dealing with bad reviews.
- Write a clever, witty, rebuttal to the review that discusses the reviewers lack of intelligence and breeding in the most scathing of terms.
- Read over your rebuttal. Chortle over the best bits.
- Share the rebuttal with your significant other. Laugh together over how thoroughly you skewered the reviewer.
- Print it on 100% rag paper. Fold it neatly into thirds.
- Put the rebuttal into a #10 business envelope. Address it to the reviewer. Put a stamp on it.
- Tear it up and throw it away because you've gotten all the benefit you're ever going to get out of it.